Monday, December 04, 2006

home again, home again

Joseph and I came home from Chris's tonight. As much as I loved spending time there (and taking my birthday trip to Disneyland) I am glad to be home. I have a ton of stuff to do here. It is going to be a busy next few days.

Speaking of my birthday, I had a good one. We went and did some antiquing, then took a trip to the factory stores, then the mall. I found a cool store at the mall in Santa Maria. It's called Steve and Barry's. http://www.steveandbarrys.com/website/history.htm What prices! We bought 4 shirts, a pair of jeans and a pair of boots for me for just over $50! The jeans were $10.98. They seem to be of good quality. I will withhold judgement until I wash them;-)

After a day of shopping, we went to dinner at Old Juans in Oceano for dinner. I usually want Mexican on my birthday, and since we couldn't go to my regular haunt (Hacienda in Folsom), Old Juans made a good stand in.

We got back to the house for presents (YAY! Yes, I am a small child at heart) Chris got me a beautiful, tiny music box that plays Silent Night. I have it on the mantelpiece already. He also got me a COOL bracelet. I saw this bracelet when we were at Disneyland last week, and gushed about it. He snuck back into the shop the last night and bought it. I can't believe he did it. I looked to find good pictures online, and finally found some.
http://shop.vendio.com/rhinospider2/item/912755412/?s=1165230002
Pay no attention to the price. That isn't the list price. The pictures are cool though:)


I mentioned last week that my BIL passed away. It really hit me tonight when we got home. I had to look and see if his obit was anywhere, since we were out of towm when it happened.
http://www.legacy.com/SFGate/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=20100086
Seeing it in print makes it too real:-(
I will go see my sister tomorrow.

No comments: