Sunday, December 24, 2006

merry christmas to all

It's Christmas Eve, and I didn't get everything done I wanted to. I let it bother me for a bit, then decided I can only do what I can do.

I am a Christmas fanatic. I want Christmas to be like it was when I was a little girl, and it never will be. I am finally understanding that. I, like my Mom before me, am a stay at home mom. One difference though, is that my mom didn't drive, so she was literally a STAY AT HOME mom. She stayed home and got everything done that needed to be. The house was spotless, decorated to perfection and dozens and dozens of cookies were baked and decorated.

I am in and out so much, especially the past few months with Chris being in Pismo Beach. Me only being home about half the month is playing havoc with everything, and my Christmas preparations have suffered.

It's ok though. Gifts are bought and wrapped, the traditional Christmas Eve chili was wonderful, family mass was great, and most importantly, Chris is home for Christmas.

We're all happy and healthy. We heard from #1 son. He is doing fine.

I hope Kaya Michelle is having a good Christmas, wherever she is. That is my only sadness.

In the famous words of Ebenzer Scrooge in the last scene of a Christmas Carol, I'd like to say. "To all of us everywhere a Merry Christmas". And from Tiny Tim, "God bless us everyone".

1 comment:

Robin said...

Merry Christmas Shelly and family :)