Friday, November 18, 2005

Paul...Finally


I know it's not a very good picture, but it was the best we could do with a smuggled camera/binocular set;) Joseph took it at Arco.


Both Paul shows were wonderful. Absolutely heavenly.

Last Monday (November 7) Casey and I went to San Jose to see him. Oh my God. It was the best.ever. We got there early, and found out where his hotel was (quite by accident, that.) We were driving back to the arena from having lunch downtown, and Casey looked over at this really quaint boutique hotel. Parked in front were 5 or 6 black Lexus SUVs, complete with drivers. Casey started screaming, "that's where he is f*cking staying, that's where he is f*cking staying!" We parked and walked back to the hotel, trying to act nonchalant. HA! We went inside and used the restroom (and scouted to make sure he wasn't just sitting there, LOL)

Outside, one of the drivers chatted me up a bit. he would walk by and say hello, etc. Finally he came over to me and told me Paul was late and they were waiting for his call. A few minutes after that, the fleet of Lexuses took off, so Casey and I went back to the arena. We stood by the entrance where we knew he would be driving in, and waited, sign in hand. As he came by, he rolled the window down, leaned out and gave us thumbs up, waved and said hi to us! I was like a little kid. I can believe Paul McCartney looked at ME and waved at ME. *Sigh*

The show itself was awesome. The price we paid for the scalper, er, "ticket broker" tickets was SO worth it. I felt like I could reach out and touch him. He could actually see us, and pointed out our sign:)

After having 2nd row tickets for San Jose, the tickets we had for Arco on Wednesday just wouldn't do;-) We managed to score floor tickets Wednesday night by walking up to the ticket window before the show. We were no where near as close as we were for san Jose, but it was still worth it! We made another sign, and he saw THAT one too, LOL. I had Joseph hold it, since he is taller;-) That sign said "Peradventure better seats for us?" Peradventure is a word he used in one of his new songs, and means maybe. Paul is very proud of that word, so we thought it would be worth a try. We didn't get any closer, but he did point at it and say "peradventure;-)" He also waved. Again, *sigh*

I felt like the 9 year old I was when I first was him on Ed Sullivan. I screamed, jumped up and down, and cried. When he sang Let It Be, I sobbed. when he sang Please, Please me, I cried and laughed. This past week or so has been incredible:)

Now, it's back to real life. *Sigh*

Thank goodness for wonderful memories:)

2 comments:

Pez said...

Shelly, I am so excited for you for being able to go to the concerts and seeing Paul and having him look at YOU! That is all so very cool. Oh, I have tears for your happiness!

Shelly said...

It. was. Awesome.