Thursday, August 24, 2006

t.g.i.(almost)f.

It has been a busy week. Last Saturday was the dinner concert at church (I took a different purse and kept it locked in my trunk...no worries about it getting stolen)

The show was great. The kids did such a good job. Of course, I think Joseph and his friends were the best. They sang a couple of Social Distortion songs. There was lots of singing and dancing. The girls did a couple of hulas, and 2 of the girls did a dance to Moulin Rouge and one to We Are Siamese (very cute!) Joseph also did an acoustic solo. He sang Redemption Song. Yep. My son sang Bob Marley;-)

Chris left Sunday morning, and Joseph & I went to Jo's for a pool party in the afternoon. Church that evening was um, different. Two drunks came to church. I guess it was a good thing they wanted to come, but I had a hard time with it (then I felt guilty) They sat directly in front of me....and they smelled horrid. They were REALLY drunk too. They talked through the whole service, with #1 guy explaining to #2 guy what was happening. #2 guy was wasted. He kept swearing.

John came over to them and asked if they really wanted to be there. During the Our Father, when everyone joins hands, they walked across the aisle to take the hand of the person there. I was thrilled...until drunk #2 reached back and grabbed my hand:/ I wish I had thought to fold my hands in prayer and bow my head, but I don't think it would have mattered. I was really nervous about what they would do. I wasn't the only one. Everyone around me was keeping an eye on them, and the kids in the choir were ready to leap to my defense if there was a need;-) Even Fr. Innocent was aware of it. He told me after Mass he was watching, and debating whether to say anything.

Joseph stayed the night at Derek's that night, so I had some alone time. I went to bed early. Woo hoo;-)

Monday we went up to Sheri's for the day. It was good to see them all. Lexie is getting to be a real cutie. I can't believe she's almost 3.

Tuesday Joseph spent the day at Derek's, while Jo, Alicia and I went over to Napa for the day. We went to 2 wineries, http://www.sterlingvineyards.com/ and http://www.vsattui.com/
It was so cool! Sterling has a gondola you ride up to the tasting room/gift shop, etc., and V. Sattui is a really old winery. Their wines are only sold there. No restaurant or store sells V Sattui wines. I bought enough to last me until my next trip;-) After the wineries, we went to the Rutherford Grill for a late lunch. The food was incredibly delicious, and the waiter was even more delicious, lol. Holy guacamole, was he cute. If you ever got to the Rutherford Grill, look for a waiter named Justin...he with the great smile, dimples and pretty eyes.

No comments: