Monday, May 16, 2005

Its About Time!

For my throngs of adoring fans.......what you have been clamoring for! A blog update from ME!

I can't believe it has almost been 2 months since I last updated. Why so long? Hell, don't ask me. Just lazy I guess. I *think* about blogging, then get sidetracked. I finally made myself sit down;-)

Let's see........news? I got my tickets for Joseph and me to see Paul McCartney in November. *sigh* Paul.......

I have had the cold from hell......now the cold is almost gone (except for nagging cough) and the oh so loverly allergies have kicked in. My nose is running like a faucet. I should buy stock in Kleenex.

We went and picked up Chris' sister Holly on Saturday and took her down to Santa Cruz to Roy & Eleanors. She told Chris "oh please take me to your house.....don't make me stay with them' Luckily for Chris, she was just kidding.....and even if she weren't, he got out of that. He knows better. Lets just say I am ever so grateful my dear SIL lives ACROSS THE COUNTRY from me. I don't know if our marriage would have survived if she lived closer:/

We're all heading up to Oregon on Wednesday to BIL's house. Thursday is Roy's 80th birthday, and all the kids are going to help celebrate. I still haven't got a gift for him. I have NO clue what to buy.

Tomorrow Chris goes for an MRI. The last visit to the opthamologist wasn't great. He had to have more laser treatment, and his optic nerve in both eyes is pale. I don't know what that means, but it has nothing to do with the diabetes. Doc suspects MS. Chris is scared to death and trying to hide it. I told him that if it is MS.....at least he will know and can begin some treatment. Maybe there is even something they can do about the eyesight. I know THAT scares him...as his mom became blind in the last years of her life....but hers was completely due to diabetes.

1 comment:

Pez said...

Welcome back, Shelly!

I am sorry to read about Chris and that the doctor suspects MS. I will say a prayer for him (and for you) and keep you guys in my thoughts, Shelly.