Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I got to meet another online friend today:-)

L'Rae and her SO Dave are moving to Vancouver from Arizona, and we met in Old Sacramento when they drove through. L'Rae is just as wonderful in person as she is online...smart, articulate and funny. Dave is such a nice guy. You can see how much they love each other, and their son Tristan. What a cool kid! He came right up to me and introcuced homself. "I'm Tristan and I'm 4 years old"

L'Rae and I joke about being relatives (she calls me Aunt Shelly) and today when we met I got a surprise. She actually looks like one of my cousins! Joseph noticed it too. Too weird;-)

We ate at Joe's Crab Shack, which is right on the river. We were seated by the window, which thrilled Tristan no end. He loved looking out at the water and the boat docked below. We even saw a seal swimming in the middle of the river! It was so cool. It caught a fish and was throwing it up in the air. I wish I had thought to take a picture of it, but I (or Joseph, rather) did manage to get a few pictures. When I get the disc back I will post them:)

I am so glad we got to meet. I love meeting online friends:)

12 comments:

Pez said...

Cool beans that you met her! Can't wait to see photos!

The Vichy said...

Jealous am I! So very cool that you got to meet each other. I'm sure she feels the same way about you. :)

Shelly said...

I love meeting my favorite people:) I've already met Denine, and Tracy, next time you come to California we'll have to meet;-)

Pez said...

How sweet that you named me one of your favourite people!

Shelly said...

You are, Denine:)

Anonymous said...

Warning from Arizona: I am sorry to bring bad news but L'RAE and Dave are not the genuine and good people they claim to be. L'rae has a history of meddling and was the result of one divorce. Dave has been suffering with a mental illness for years and is very unpredictable in his moods and behaviors...maybe the medications is working for him now but it wasnt doing much good when I knew him around 1996.

Anonymous said...

oops typo, that was suppose to read...cause of one divorce, not result.

Maybe they have changed over time, but just be cautious.

Shelly said...

I really can't stand some who hides behind anonymity. If you are going to post bullshit, at least have the balls to use your name:/

Anonymous said...

i did not send the post to offend you, just caution you, take the advice or leave it. I am remaining anonymous because i dont know you and really dont care to get to know you. I know the parties you you mentioned and found your post entry about them on a search engine. I will not be posting anymore on your blog but just wanted to at least give you fair warning about these folks, maybe you will find out first hand as I did they are not the friends they claim to be. Good luck!

Pez said...

Shelly wins the contest for the best WHACK/TROLL in her blog comments! Hurray for you, Shelly!

Shelly said...

Do I get a prize for best WHACK/TROLL? Perhaps some Pez;-)

Pez said...

Cherry-flavoured Pez of course!