Saturday, April 29, 2006

beautiful day

The weather has been spectacular the past week or so...finally. I guess that's why I haven't blogged. It's too pretty to be inside. No really, I'm just a bad blogger;-)

Last Saturday was the diocesan rally. It was w o n d e r f u l . It was a long, long day (8 am to 10 pm) , but so much fun. Father Tony Ricard was the keynote speaker (www.fathertony.com) This was the 3rd time I have seen him. Last year at L.A congress, this year at congress, then at the diocesan rally. He really is incredible. Kathy and I joked about moving to New Orleans just so he would be our priest. We talked with him a bit, and had our picture taken with him. He came out and talked with Kathy, John, Jo, Alicia and me later on during a break too. The kids absolutely love him.

Joseph, Derek, Patty and Drake performed during the ' band a thon' at the rally too. I got teary eyed. My BABY....performing in front of a few hundred people! There were people dancing even! They had people come up to them afterwards and tell them they were awesome. I was (am) so proud :*)


We got the garden in today! Praise the Lord. Its a couple of weeks late getting planted because the garden was so.freaking.wet. but with the warm weather, we finally got it tilled, composted and planted. We planted tomatoes (Better Boy, Early Girl and romas), zucchini, crookneck squash, eggplant, green and yellow bell peppers, green beans, onions, cucumber and corn. I also got my herbs planted...basil, 2 kinds of oregano, coriander and chives. I have rosemary and sage growing already. I hope we have a good harvest;-)

Tomorrow we're going to Petaluma for the street antiques fair. We're going early so we can be back for youth group...but early is fun. It won't be so hot, and hopefully I will find some treasures:)

No comments: