Monday, November 22, 2004

My mood improved yesterday evening......though I still have an ache in my heart from missing my Peanut. It won't get better until I can see her and hold her again.

The youth group kids threw a surprise birthday party for Josephine and me yesterday afternoon:)

We had our YG meeting in the small chapel, because there was a ginormous party being held in the rest of the Parish Hall, and it was too loud to do the lesson. After the lesson was over, the kids went back over to the hall with Crystal...supposedly to eat the pizza that Tony and Patty bought. When Jo and I walked back over, the lights were out in the YG room...we both wondered where the kids had gone! We walked in and flipped the lights on...and the kids had decorated the room, had a beautiful cake on the table, with flowers and gifts for both of us. Both of us teared up. It was so sweet of them.....and believe me, it was just what I needed.



41 years ago today President Kennedy was assassinated. I was in 3rd grade. I was home sick from school. My Dad didn't have to go to work til swingshift, so he was home too. I remember sitting on the sofa watching Love of Life with my mom, when Walter Cronkite came on and said the president had been shot.....and that he had died. That was the first time I saw my Dad cry. I remember how sad I felt for Caroline and John John. It is amazing how vivid those memories still are.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People can hurt one another in ways they don't even realize. What happened to your son, anyway? Did you ever figure out why he went the path he did?

The event I most remember in my lifetime thus far is the WTC disaster. I will remember that day and the days after and what I was doing. I won't forget the people falling from the buildings because they were scared out of their minds and because they thought perhaps there was less pain in jumping than in dealing with burning in the intense heat.

I won't forget the courage some passengers had in confronting the hijackers and calling their loved ones to let them know anyting they could.

Evil One

Shelly said...

I think it was a combination of things with my older son. Undiagnosed bi polar.....being jealous of Joseph {he was an only (read spoiled) child for 15 years before Joseph came along}....and the fact that he has always been a *follower*

Luckily, I think he may finally be growing up. DH has spoken to him on the phone lately, and he wants to talk to me. I don't know when it will happen, but I have faith that it will sometime...