Sunday, September 11, 2005

I saw a mountain lion on Friday. News at 11;-)


Chris and Joseph left Tuesday morning for Burney Falls, while I went to Tahoe for the last 2 nights of the Harrahs gig. Tuesday night was the party. It was lots of fun, and nice to relax. Wednesday I did nothing during the day. well, I did have to run to KMart (the only shopping in Tahoe:/) to buy a pillow for camping, because I forgot mine. After that though, I just vegged. It was so bloody nice. I sat by the pool with my book, read for a bit, then took a nap. After my nap, I showered, and went over to Harrahs for dinner, then into the showroom for closing night.

It was nice to get hugs from the Harrahs people. Donna and Anna are two of the nicest people I know. I have them to thank for always being in the front row;-)

Thursday morning I got up and drove to Burney. The weather was beautiful.

Now....onto the mountain lion sighting. Friday morning Chris and I went on a hike. There is a sign at the trail head warning about mountain lions. (We found out latrer they are a rarity to really be seen....) Anyway....we walk about a mile to the old cemetery. I hear a sound, and look across the trail. There, about 20 yards or so from me, is this mountain lion, climbing a tree. While it was beautiful to see, I told Chris "let's get the hell out of here". I think we made it back to the campground in about half the time it took us to walk out. I wish I had taken the camera though. It would have been so cool to get a photo.

We did tell the ranger about the sighting though.

Oops....time for Family Guy! Have a good week, everyone:-)

3 comments:

Pez said...

Cool about the mountain lion but I am glad you weren't walking alone!

Kimmer said...

Your vegging sounds so nice, and that is so cool about the mountain lion!

Have you seen that Family Guy movie yet? It's not at the stores, but apparently many people have downloaded it already.

The Vichy said...

Any pictures of the kitty? ;)