Saturday, July 10, 2004

Thrift shop deals

Since Karla wants everyone working to wear 'island' clothing this week at VBS, I picked up 5 Hawaiian shirts for Joseph to wear (The theme is Lava Lava Island) @ $2.99 each. 2 of them are even vintage! Woo hoo!! I already have some for me, but I found a tropical looking dress today also. If I can find a sarong tomorrow, I may wear one (over shorts, and with a tee shirt) If not, there is always the grass skirt at the party outlet;)


I put together the sample crafts tonight. I am going to have to tell Karla tomorrow what a PITA the angel pin is. I don't know if the littles will be able to do it at all....and I know it will take longer than the 20 minutes alloted. It will probably take 2 days, even for the older kids:/ I don't think she really looked at them before she ordered them.

I think when I go to set up my room tomorrow afternoon, I will look around and see if there is something we can do instead of the angel pin....

Tonight is the best of Will Farrell on SNL.....can't wait til 11:30. In the meantime, I picked up the new Vanity Fair today, so I think I'll pour a glass of wine and do a little reading.

2 comments:

Pez said...

You got some good deals, Shelly! I am going to come visit you and go to thrift-shopping with you!

Shelly said...

Come on down;)

Thrift shopping is a hobby of mine...