Saturday, October 08, 2005

I am ready for bed;-)

The youth rally really turned out well. I know I was bugged about it, but I should have known it would all be all right. Oh me of little faith;-) The kids didn't use the video skit they had filmed, instead they did an impromptu skit that turned out amazingly well.

The speakers and the music were awesome. Michael Pritchard http://www.michaelpritchard.com/ was the keynote speaker, plus he spoke a couple of other times during the day, plus he ran one of our workshops. The man is awesome. That's all I can say. He connected so well with the teens, and he made me cry;-)

Our other workshop was called "can God be a sweaty DJ?" That was put on by this guy: http://www.vincenims.com/ Vince also sang for us. I wish I could remember the words to his song, I Like Bananas;-) He also sang a song he wrote about the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. I ended up buying his CD. He's another one who the teens absolutely love. Not only is he a good speaker and singer, but he is also a Beatles fan. I know he is good people now;-)

I only hope that when we are in charge of the rally (in 2 years) we can get speakers half as awesome as those 2.

The kids all had a great time. A great time. I think (know) they were all touched, and that they all came away with something positive. What more can you ask? (And Alyssa was sweet....she even gave me a hug and thanked me)

I know it had to be a good day. I used the word awesome 3 times in this post, lol.

No comments: