Sunday, August 28, 2005

Goodbye Miranda

There was a girl named Miranda, who had the sunniest smile......

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Boardersandmore/messages?msg=528.1

I never got to meet this wonderful young lady , but I followed her illness nonetheless. She was such a brave young girl. My heart is broken for her family.

I have gone through this loss before. My friend Jim was diagnosed with glioblastoma in March of 1997. He died that September. 5 months. I think it has been 5 months since Miranda was diagnosed. I could be wrong. Whatever the dates, glioblastoma is evil.

I pray for Miranda's family. I cannot fathom what incredible pain they are going through. If I could send them a cyber hug and it would help..... I am praying for them now. Miranda is in a better place....free of pain. Maybe she has already met Jim. He will take care of her. That's the kind of guy he was.


"Life is very short, and there’s no time
For fussing and fighting, my friend."

All the bullshit going on in my life doesn't mean so much right now... Maybe I will blog about it later....




This is my favorite Beatles song. I dedicate it to Miranda and her family right now.

In My Life

There are places I’ll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I’ve loved them all
But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
In my life I love you more

1 comment:

Pez said...

Shelly, that is a lovely tribute to Miranda. I am so sorry that she lost her battle with cancer. She was so young and it seems so unfair.

Cancer sucks.