Wednesday, March 24, 2004

It was nice having Chris home for the weekend. We got a lot done. Chris and Joseph got the captains bed taken out front for Salvation Army to pick up. I am glad to have it out of my living room. We bought an orange tree and planted it. Yum....fresh picked oranges. I can't wait.

He flew back out on Monday morning......another 7 am flight. That meant getting up at 4 to get him to the airport early enough. Both Joseph and I were worthless for the rest of the day. We did go to Bible Study Monday night.....only to hear some lady telling Fr. Mike that he should do a homily at the teen mass about 'the proper way to dress'. Apparently she doesn't like jeans. I should have spoken up I guess, but wuss that I am, I kept my mouth shut. I would think that the church would be happy to get so many young people to even GO to church. One reason I like the teen mass so much is that it is more casual. I have seen nothing inappropriate in what the kids wear. I wish I would have told her that there are 4 other masses she can go to, if she doesn't like the teen mass. One on Saturday evening and 3 on Sunday morning/afternoon. No one is forcing her to go to that particular mass. Its people like her that just irritate the hell out of me.

Confirmation is in ONLY a week. Holy cow.....I still have so much to do around here! Panic should set in this weekend if I don't get the cleaning done before that.


No comments: