Thursday, January 20, 2005

I Love Vancouver

I had the absolute best time last weekend. From the time Casey and I got on the plane in Sacramento on Thursday until the time we got off the plane in Sacramento Monday night. The drive from Seattle to Vancouver was fun. We both have such dirty minds that we would find ourselves giggling at names. Nooksack struck us as funny. There were more, but I can't remember them now. I guess you had to be there;) Roadtrips are wonderful!


Vancouver is a beautiful city. Just beautiful. The hotel I stayed at was superb. http://georgiancourt.com I was on the 11th floor, with a fantastic view of downtown Vancouver.

The hotel is directly across the street from BC Stadium, where the football team plays, and the hockey stadium was right around the corner. I was reading a bit about the next winter Olympics, which will be held in Vancouver, and the BC Stadium is where opening and closing ceremonies will be held. I will be able to say I've been there:-)

Anyway......the people are so nice. I had no fear at all of walking around alone during the day (Casey was nursing a sick boyfriend.....poor guy. The doctor came to the hotel on Sunday and gave him some throat spray.)

The shows were incredible, as always. I laugh though....since I have never seen a bad show;)
Joey told me on Friday after the show that it is so good to be able to look out in the audience and see family sitting there when they are far away from home. Aw :*)

I did a lot of eating while I was there;) I discovered that Canadian candy is to die for. Not only that, but the food that was backstage was first rate.....more like an upscale resturaunt food than backstage 'grub'. It was complete with desserts......lots and lots of desserts. Tarts and cream puffs and cheeseckake. A little bit of heaven. And now I diet;-)

Friday night we went out for 'after opening night', and Saturday night we all went out and celebrated both Casey's birthday and one of the Canadian crew members birthday. What fun!
There is a place round the corner from the hotel called the Shark Club. It was crowded and noisy, but lots of fun. I love watching the guys blow off steam.

I must say, Canadian men are such gentlemen! Every one of the crew was very nice and polite. And funny;) Not bad to look at either. (Hey, I may be married, but I'm not blind....or....I may have ordered, but still enjoy looking at the menu, LOL)

I was sad on Monday when it was time to leave. After hugs and kisses all round, and admonitions from Ralph & Joey to drive carefully, we headed back to Seattle for out flight at 6:30.

Now its back to the real world......

No comments: