Monday, February 06, 2006

Must See TV

Mine, that is. I tell myself I don't watch a lot of tv. I tell myself that anyway;-)

Really, there are only a few shows I must watch. I have to watch Monk. If I am busy on a Friday night, I seriously try and get home by 10, just so I can see Monk. If I miss it on Friday, it is usually repeated a couple of times during the weekend, so I can catch it. It is funny, watching that show with an obsessive compulsive. My MIL is one. When she first watched it, she didn't see what was so funny. He just looked normal to her. She does *get* it now;-)

On Monday, I cannot miss 24. I told myself I wasn't going to get sucked in, but I so have. It is probably the most intense hour of tv I watch all week. If you haven't seen the bliss that is 24, you must watch. You must. Besides, Kiefer Sutherland is hot. Intense and hot;) My friend Deborah dated a guy who was Kiefer's double. I swear.

Other than those 2 shows, I watch mostly sitcoms. I <3 Will and Grace. I am going to miss it when it is gone. The other ones I watch are George Lopez and Rodney. I guess I like to see funny men after the intenseness (and hotness) that is Kiefer.

Oh! How could I forget Jeff Probst, er, I mean Survivor;-) Jeff is just adorable. what more can I say?

I haven't even mentioned daytime tv. I admit to being a Days of Our Lives junkie. I have been for 20 years or so.

And of course, there's Oprah...especially when Nate is on. He can decorate my house any time ;-)

4 comments:

Kimmer said...

It truly kills me that I missed the last episode of Monk, and it doesn't look like it's going to be on again soon!

I have a few shows that I watch obessively, including Lost and Veronica Mars, but Project Runway is currently the top banana.

Shelly said...

New episodes won't be on until after the Olympics:(

I have managed to resist Lost, lol. I haven't seen the others.

Anonymous said...

The show 24 . . .

Well, I've wrote of my devotion to it in Fishie's blog comments.

And, again, I notice nothing of the hotness of the lead character. Only his bad-assedness, which doesn't make him hot at all. Nope. Newp.

I have seen you people talk about Monk, and I finally saw a commercial for the show. He was unloading from the dishwasher all the doorknobs in his home.

I laughed. My obsessive-compulsive tendencies are most focused on pathogens, blood-borne pathogens in particular. It's getting bad. I can laugh at myself, but at the same time, I know I need help. Heh.

I should make an effort to watch Monk. I would probably get some good laughs. Good medicine.

Evil Obsessive-Compulsive One

Fishie said...

We are so, so very sad in my house. Other than catching up on 24 (via dvd, which I rather prefer than the weekly thing, I am finding) I'm not watching much. There is so much crap out there. But the crap that's liable to be on in my den is:

MXC Most Extreme Challenge
Iron Chef Japan
What Not to Wear
and Food Network.

I wonder what this says about me.