Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I'm tired and my back hurts....but its a good tired. Joseph and I went to help at Christmas Wish tonight. I've never done that before. I didn't realize just HOW many kids need stuff for Christmas.....who wouldn't get anything if it weren't for Christmas Wish. We sorted, organized and filled 'wishes'. Some of the wishes really got to me....kids asking for a coat, or new shoes. Makes me realize how lucky we are.

There was card for one 3 month old girl....she needed jammies and diapers. I found a cute outfit for her, some jammies, and then went next door to Big Lots and bought her a special soft dolly, diapers and some crib toys. Somehow, the donations for babies just aren't there yet. Karla told me I can't make it personal....its too hard. I can see she's right, but some of that stuff really touched me.

It is really good for Joseph to be doing this. He 'knows' there are kids who don't have anything, but this really brought it home to him.

We stopped at Burger King on the way home. I wasn't going to cook at 8 pm. Chris stopped on the way home from work and got his dinner.

Adam came over as soon as I pulled in the driveway. He is Joseph's shadow. They sat out on the front porch while Joseph ate his burger. Joseph told him all about the volunteering thing. I wish Adam would do something like that. It might help him......the child is spoiled rotten, but he is a sweetheart.

Chris told me one of his operators died last night:(

He was in his late 50s....and just got custody of his 3 grandchildren. He had the flu....and was coughing so much, his aorta blew. I told Chris he must have had a weak aorta already. Weird, and sad. I just hope Chris doesn't freak whenever HE coughs now. He tends to do that.

Its close to bedtime for me....I am whooped tonight.

No comments: