Wednesday, November 22, 2006

almost t day

We got out of the house and on the road late, as usual. One day, I will leave on time;-)
The drive down wasn't too horrible. There were only a couple of patches of bad traffic, and we still made it in about 4.5 hours.

When we pulled up the driveway and parked, there was a deer about 20 feet away, just looking at us. (This place is SO cool!) Of course, the camera was in a bag in the car, and by the time I got it out, Bambi had run away.

I usually don't bring anything but my makeup bag & magazines, but since it is Thanksgiving, I packed some other stuff (chargers for the table, a big bowl, pie pans, etc....and a bottle of good wine) We got the car unpacked and realized I FORGOT the whole bag of supplies for brining the $&%^#^ turkey! AARRRGGGHHHH.

When Chris got home from work, we all went to the store so I could REbuy the stuff I need. *Sigh* At least the grocery store wasn't too crowded. On the upside, I have a supply of kosher salt and allspice berries at home:/

No matter. The turkey is now resting in a big bucket of brine.

Dinner tomorrow will be fabulous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Shelly!

Robin said...

Gobble gobble