Monday, November 06, 2006

reading is fundamental

And sometimes expensive;-)

I went looking for my copy of The Little Prince to read from at CCD tomorrow, and I couldn't find it. Anywhere. Crap and double crap:/ I must have given it away. Well, I thought, I'll just run over to the Book Warehouse at the factory outlets and see if they have a copy. They didn't have it, but they did have quite a few other books that interested me....and they are having a 40% off sale since they are going out of business. After my discount, the total was about $40. Not bad.

I then decided to go to Borders. I can NOT leave Borders for less than $30, I swear. I spent almost $60 there, but I did get The Little Prince. I also got Barack Obama's new book, a couple of more books for me, 1 for Joseph, and I got the new Vanity Fair, which I shall be opening in just a few minutes;)

Spending $100 on books isn't too bad is it?


*****************************
Reminder to those in the States:

Don't forget to VOTE tomorrow!

If you don't vote, don't complain to me;-)

5 comments:

Kimmer said...

The Little Prince is an awesome book! I haven't read it in ages, though. I have a $25 gift cert to Amazon, but can't decide what to get

Anonymous said...

It is never bad to spend money on books!

Anonymous said...

I am guilty of spending lots of money on books. At Amazon, mostly.

Anonymous said...

I voted, I voted! Do I get extra points for taking K with me so that he could share the experience? (He can't vote for five more years. :)

Shelly said...

You always get exrta points for taking kids along;)