Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm tired

Days like today wear me out.

Joseph and I left Pismo Beach about 10:30 this morning to drive home (after I did 2 loads of laundry there)

We got home about 3:00 and went straight to church for youth group, then Mass at 5:30. Joseph won 2 tickets to the movies for his design of the youth group t shirt, even though his design didn't win. At least he keeps trying, LOL.

Fr. Mike was in a rotten mood again. How sad is it that I dread seeing him. I would much rather have any of the other priests say Mass. Luckily he hardly ever says the youth Mass. He was making sure we Eucharistic Ministers know there is a dress code. ( I mentioned that one of the women scheduled to EM tonight thought she wasn't dressed properly and so someone filled in for her) He said he was thinking about making us wear robes. Every one of us shook our head no. I don't think he realizes that one reason we do EM at the teen Mass is because we aren't required to wear albs. We dress nicely and we all wear wooden crosses that say Eucharistic Minister. If he starts requiring robes, he may be looking for new EMs....and it is hard enough to get people who want to do it.

I do love it. It is such an honor to be able to distribute the Body or Blood of Christ:)

Anyway, we just went to Burger King (or the BK Lounge, as Dane Cook would say) for a burger after Mass, then I had to go to the grocers because we were out of milk.

It has been a long day, and I am ready to crash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Cool beans about Joseph winning those tickets. And I LOL'd at BK Lounge.