Sunday, November 19, 2006

food, yummy food

I bought a half dozen homemade tamales this morning. The Hispanic community spent all day yesterday making them, then came in at 3:30(!) this morning to cook them. Oh heavenly days, were they good.

It worked out perfectly for dinner, being as I was so stinking tired after Mass tonight;-) I wasn't up nearly as early as Anita and the rest of them, but we did get up at 6:30 so we could be at church at 7:30 for donut sales. Not only did we get up at 6:30, but it was so foggy when I got up that I could barely see across the street. Needless to say, it was cold and damp standing outside from 7:30 until noon:/ Thank God for hot coffee;-)

After we finished up and got everything cleaned up, it was almost 1. We had to be back at 3 for youth group, so there wasn't much time to do anything in between except eat lunch.

We got home from Mass about 7, and I put the tamales in to reheat. Like I said before, they were so good.

It was a long, busy day, and I am seriously ready for bed (It's not even 10 yet!)

I thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest.


HA;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you have with the tamales? I'm always at a loss, as no one around here likes rice except for me.

Shelly said...

I made rice;-)
We had a small salad too.