Saturday, November 04, 2006

surprise! or....ya gotta have friends.....

Tonight we celebrated Diana's 60th birthday. (I want to be Diana whenI grow up) It was so much fun. There were 7 women who rented a limo and picked Diana up at her house. She thought it was going to be her, her hubby Mark and Karla for pizza. We SO got her! She was so surprised to see the limo pull up, and even more surprised to see us women in the limo:)

So there we were, a bunch of ladies from St Mary's....having a wonderful time, enjoying each other's company, and generally acting like teenagers, LOL. There was a whole lot of laughter, and a few tears. We went to Old Sacramento, and went on a scavenger hunt. I definitely saw a different side to some of the women....some women who I mostly know from church.

I did realize just how lucky I am, to be connected with such a wonderful, caring group of women. We talked about everything...from the Mission at church, to Mass, to our kids, to sex (of course, LOL), to friendship, to love....like I said, there were some tears shed, but it was all good. We toasted each other often. The coolest thing was that we all prayed together. I felt strong. It felt right to say a prayer of thanksgving for the night, and for our connection.

In that spirit, I am thankful for each and every one of you, who read my blog, and who are my friend, whether on line, in real life, or both:) I lift my glass to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelly, sounds like you have a great bunch of friend and had a great time honouring Diana on her birthday.

I am honoured to have you as my friend.

Robin said...

Here here!

Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Back at ya, baby. Weird how loved you can be by people you've never even met, isn't it?

((((hugs))))