Saturday, November 11, 2006

for our military men and veterans

I pray for you. I thank you. I honor you.

Today is Veteran's Day (Rememberance Day in other countries)

I just want to say thank you to each and every one of you. My Dad was a veteran of WWII. I can still remember his stories, and I have pictures of him from then. ( I miss you, Daddy)
My BIL is a veteran of Korea, and my brother a veteran of the Viet Nam era, although he never had to go there. He served on a ship in the Carribean, and Guantanamo Bay.

I also want to honor two boys who were killed in Iraq....Casey Sheehan and Thomas D. Casey was a member of my church. I remember seeing him sitting every week with his parents, his brother and sisters. He was such a good boy...a boy who loved God. His mother is the one who got me started in my ministry as a catechist. You're right, Cindy. The Holy Spirit does work in wondrous ways.

Thomas is the son of a forum friend. I have read about him, and know how much he is missed and loved by his family.

I pray that there would be NO more Thomases and Caseys. One more is too many. Don't make any more mothers weep for their sons:*(

A Nation Rocked to Sleep Carly Sheehan
Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?
The torrential rains of a mother's weeping will never be done
They call him a hero, you should be glad that he's one, but
Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?

Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?
He must be brave because his boy died for another man's lies
The only grief he allows himself are long, deep sighs
Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?

Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?
They say that he died so that the flag will continue to wave
But I believe he died because they had oil to save
Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?

Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?
The leaders want to keep you numb so the pain won't be so deep
But if we the people let them continue another mother will weep
Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?

No comments: